Friday, April 5, 2013

GETTING OFF LYME MEDS


Third in the "Getting Off" series

I had a phone appointment with Dr. Marty Ross two hours ago. I told him how much I'd cut down on my supplements and other detox activities, and that it hadn't effected my sleeping at all. Then I asked about stopping the Lyme treatment itself.

For the past several weeks, each time I counted out my thirty drops each of Samento and Banderol, and my twenty-five drops of Teasel, and every time I got ready to swallow my giant Biaxin tablet, one thought popped into my head:

"I don't want to take this anymore. It's making me feel bad and I don't need it."

And today when I asked Marty what he thought of stopping these things, he was all for it.

I'm still feeling some fatigue, at this point it's not clear what's causing it. It could be that all the stuff I'm on is putting my body into a tail spin. The best way to figure it out is to just stop.

The Lyme might be gone. If it isn't, symptoms will come back six to eight weeks from now.

There is also the issue of my low hormone levels, which I mentioned two posts ago. Marty said he will consult with doctors who have more expertise than he does on these issues, and he'll tell me what he finds out in an appointment next Tuesday.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to eat well, meditate, exercise, and just not worry too much about anything. (Let's see if I can manage that last one!)

No comments: