Friday, May 18, 2012

CHASING THE HERX DAY 2

I stayed up on the non-approved high dose of Diflucan today, approx 600mg. Made a BIG difference with my sinus/ear infection. I feel like something deep in my ear is finally shifting and my jaw is loosening up.

My sleep hasn't been too bad, but it's been intense-- like I'm going down to the bottom of a well while I'm alseep. I usually wake up spontaneously around 5:30 a.m., so this is when I take the Clarithromycin and Diflucan combo, plus the Samento. This morning on the high Diflucan dose I fell back asleep hard, and had almost-nightmares. One was that I was in charge of my stepson, David. He wanted to go shopping with me (this had to be a dream, right?) so I told him to come along. Then I completely forgot about him and he got lost. (Strange thing about that is I've written a short story with the same underlying plot line. No, I there's no shopping involved, but due to a bizarre illness, the protagonist loses track of her stepson and has no way to contact him. When I woke up this morning I made the connection.) The other dream, involving The Poet, was actually worse-- pretty terrible.

The funny thing is when I'm awake and take this same combo of meds my reaction is to fall into a vicious depression. Ha! I'd actually rather be asleep and have vicious dreams. At least when I wake up it's over and I feel rested!

I also got myself up to 15 drops of Samento 2 times per day (or per night in my case). No headache yet. A bit of fatigue, but I did my coffee remedy and went for a good long run with plenty of energy. Where's the herx?

No comments: