Monday, February 9, 2009

REMEMBER DECEMBER


Here I am, dancing with my friend Dan. (No, this is not The Poet. Not only does The Poet not dance, but he doesn't look remotely like Dan, except perhaps in height. The Poet declines to have his photograph on my blog.)

The picture was taken at Killer Diller Weekend, a big swing dance weekend that takes place each December here in Seattle. A friend just drew my attention to it on Face Book, and it's made me pretty happy.

For the past month I haven't been able to dance due to tendonitis made worse by Lyme. I am working hard to get over it, and the toughest part is staying home when I wish I were dancing. Seeing the photo reminded me that I used to dance and will dance again. I remember how happy I was that night. In fact, dancing always makes me happy, even when I am screwing up and making a fool of myself.

Soon enough I will be back at it; right now I am settling for the stationary bike and sit-ups for exercise. Not nearly as fun, but getting me through.

No comments: